Tranquille Sanatorium/Padova City

History   Tranquille Sanatorium opened in 1907 due to the tuberculosis epidemic (also known as the white plague) at the turn of the century. The area itself, just outside Kamloops city limits, where the North and South Thompson meet and flow into Kamloops Lake was purchased in 1905. The 191 acre area and community built […]

Read more "Tranquille Sanatorium/Padova City"